YelowJacket! is a Custom Bagger Now. Upgrade COMPLETED! New Pics

Started by YellowJacket!, November 07, 2008, 08:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inanecathode

Im glad someone was able to use information i provided for once  ;D
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

supervision

Nice, I like how custom, the fit looks!  They look to be high quality, what a score
" border="0

YellowJacket!

Quote from: supervision on November 12, 2008, 07:30:41 AM
Nice, I like how custom, the fit looks!  They look to be high quality, what a score

They were brand new in the origingal yamaha box that had never been open.  Was definitely a good score.

david

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

YellowJacket!

Quote from: inanecathode on November 12, 2008, 07:10:02 AM

I was trying to remember who posted about it.  It was you and kwells, wasn't it?  Thanks!

David

The Prophet of Doom

I'm guessing a large proportion of owners would be lining up at the dealer if they were to re-release.  They would probably sell more now than back in the 80's.

KENFOLLETT

vadasz1

Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Coil Coyle

Quote from: Rick G on November 12, 2008, 01:06:30 AM
There beautiful David!! So is the whole bike!  I really envy those who live in wetter climates , my bike looked like new in OR.,  but here in the desert is almost impossible to keep it  looking good. every time a fellow visionary comes to town my bike is usually the worst looking one.
But Rick, we all have to mow lawns and you don't.
;D

Nice job, Dave.
;)
Coil

YellowJacket!

Quote from: coilXZcoyle on November 14, 2008, 05:42:35 AM
Quote from: Rick G on November 12, 2008, 01:06:30 AM
There beautiful David!! So is the whole bike!  I really envy those who live in wetter climates , my bike looked like new in OR.,  but here in the desert is almost impossible to keep it  looking good. every time a fellow visionary comes to town my bike is usually the worst looking one.
But Rick, we all have to mow lawns and you don't.
;D

Nice job, Dave.
;)
Coil

LOL Coil....   Thats the one thing I miss about my boys going off to college.  Now I actually have to get out and mow the lawn.

David

ps. thanks for the compliments

Shop Rat

Quote from: YellowJacket! on November 07, 2008, 08:14:28 PM
OMG!  I am absolutely beside myself.  My XV750 Saddle bags arrived today.  Not only are they NEW but they are still sealed in the original Yamaha packaging!!  They are freakin gorgeous! The even better part is that they are BLACK  not silver.  I opened one of them up and it is simply amazing.  Brand New fresh new motorcycle smell too.

I already have the mounting brackets which will have to be slightly modified (probably a slight bend or two only) but the bags came with all the keyed locking tabs and the keys for the bags as well.

I have an exam to take tonight so I don't have time to take some pics but I will tomorrow and post them.  This was probably the best deal I got for YJ yet!  ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D

David

They look fantastic!  A lot better than the Ol'Skool Bates bags I have for mine. Nice work!

FC
frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

jasonm.

the fact that the frame mounting brackets were there is a massive +....
Where do I get those "shorty stalks" for the turn signals?
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

YellowJacket!

Quote from: jasonm. on November 17, 2008, 06:19:15 PM

"kevin" makes them every so often.  PM him and see if he has a set or plans to make any.  We had an "auction" for some a while back here on the site.

David

inanecathode

Quote from: YellowJacket! on November 12, 2008, 12:30:41 PM
Quote from: inanecathode on November 12, 2008, 07:10:02 AM

I was trying to remember who posted about it.  It was you and kwells, wasn't it?  Thanks!

David

Kwellz put out the pre-release spy pics, but i ended up doing the post release beauty shots.

How did you end up doing your turn signals? I must have skimmed over that part.

YellowJacket!

I used Kevins shorty stalks with 1/2" spacers.  I'll post a closeup pic of them.

Its amazing.  These bags look like they were made for the Vision, especially with the trunk and full fairing.
I saw the other trunk listed on ebay but I'm tapped as far as cash goes.

Your bike looks really good.

David

inanecathode

I think they kinda were made for the vision as far as styling goes. The virago looks alot like a vision as far as angles go so its no surprise the bags that match those angles matches the vision too :)
I can't imagine not having the storage space on longer day trips, the room for extra gear, snacks, and water is quite valuable.

h2olawyer

For longer day trips, I find my tank bag works great.  I even have a hard time filling it! If I have my video system with me, I often have to put an extra fleece vest in just to take up space.  If I need snacks, I buy them along the way and I have a 100 oz. Camelback bladder for water that fits in the tank bag.  I can get a drink even while moving.   ;D

I generally use my saddle bags for times I need to haul lots of stuff.  I can get enough in them for a long weekend.  When I add the tail bag, I could go for a long time - indefinite if I can find a place to do a small load of laundry every few days.  That is if my stator would allow me to get more than a couple hundred miles from home.   ::)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

My plans are that if I get into UAB or MUSC, YJ will be my primary mode of transportation.  I was thinking down the lines that the hard bags would give me a bit more utility and the fact that they are removable and lockable really helps too.

David

ps. plus, they look really good too.

Brian Moffet

Yeah, I've been pondering hard bags.  It would be nice to be able to lock up stuff on the bike after my commute rather than the back pack.

Brian

h2olawyer

For commuting, hard bags would be great.  For general light touring and running around eown on errands, I generally prefer the soft bags as they are easily removable & don't leave the brackets behind.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

jasonm.

Quote from: YellowJacket! on November 17, 2008, 06:58:17 PM
Quote from: jasonm. on November 17, 2008, 06:19:15 PM

"kevin" makes them every so often.  PM him and see if he has a set or plans to make any.  We had an "auction" for some a while back here on the site.

David
Kevin...does he have a different screen name?
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules