News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Cafe Vision - Haven't seen this one before

Started by The Prophet of Doom, May 26, 2012, 05:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

Re-Vision

I'd like to have that fabricator build me a duplicate of all the painted parts on the Vision.   BDC

The Prophet of Doom

A stainless steel vision would be cool, but rather heavy I would think
Perhaps polished aluminium would be a better bet

Rikugun

I like the stainless steel tank but I can live with painted plastic body covers.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

George R. Young

fret not

Yeah, but it looks cool, doesn't it?  Besides, how often do you rev to 10,500?
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

treedragon

above 8000rpm........... lot's
above 10,500rpm.......... probably way too often  ::)  ;D
There is always a way

rocket39

Hello guys ! thanks to your comments about my bike ....really the rpm counter had to be modified to odometer ... I have do it just in this days ... you can see it here http://rocket39.blogspot.it/p/yamaha-xz-550-stainless-steel.html ...I hope to be able to be ready to ride my vision cafè  just in this month...see you!  :) 

The Prophet of Doom

Rocket39 has my vote for visionary of the month

The Prophet of Doom

... and particularly interested to know how well that single carb goes

Rikugun

Quote from: roro on June 09, 2013, 05:02:46 AM
... and particularly interested to know how well that single carb goes
Based on the YouTube "first start" video, I'd say the jetting needs a wee bit of work yet. Or the missing vacuum plug is still missing from the manifold pic!  :o  :)

Speaking of single carb offerings, wonder how the progress on this goes?
http://ridersofvision.net/rovforum/index.php?topic=14710.0
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

rocket39

thank you roro! when I am ready I post all datas about new carb and details... :angel:
Rikugun, before start engine I have stoppered all those "fucking pipes" obviously!  ;) 8)

Rikugun

Quote from: rocket39 on June 11, 2013, 07:37:11 AM
Rikugun, before start engine I have stoppered all those "fucking pipes" obviously!  ;) 8)

I figured you had  :) Keep us updated with your progress.

rocket39

hello guys , I have finally received the saddle and the bike now seems ready to ride!

Rikugun

Nice to see it underway, nice work!  :) I like the look of those handlebars - do they interfere with the tank at full lock?

Rick G

Roro , you might be surprised. In 1969 I bought a Kawasaki bushwacker . 169 cc two stroke.  I set it up for TT racing and  got the wieght down from 278 lbs to 207 . we measured the rear SS  fender and  the steel brake stay . both were so light that alloy would not have helped. We did remove the  mild steel brace under the fender , that supported the tail light.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

rocket39

I have a good handlebars-tank space!
tomaselli bars are very easy to use ! :)

The Prophet of Doom

Nice clip-ons.  They almost look like they would fit under the triple and end up being at about the same height,  Would that be right do you think?

rocket39

Hi, I have some info about new carburator, after some tests I have found this configuration as better for reliability and performance: Dell'Orto vhb 29 A D , minimum jet diameter 55 ; maximum jet diameter 130 ; 70 coke jet.
I hope this information can be usefull to someone, bye.